- Installation of the new arch which has been welded together with the two stern rails. The arch incorporates supports for 2 X 140W solar panels, support for wind generator, AIS and WiFi antenna, outboard engine crane, outboard bracket and brackets to lift the skiff up and out of the water.Design drawings are attached
- Repair and painting of the stern black
- Gelcoat repairs to the bow and dodger attachments
- Replacement of the dodger connections to the deck
- Replacement of the lifelines
- The iCOM SSB, antenna tuner and Pactor have been removed for repairs and testing before being reinstalled.
Sunday, December 27, 2015
Winter Plans 2015 / 2016
Ambition is all tucked away for her first frozen winter. She is scheduled in the repair shop in the last half of January 2016. On the list of items to be taken care of are:
During the summer we will complete the installation of our complete suite of Garmin products with new 12' chart plotter. The existing 7" Garmin will be moved to the navigation table as a backup unit.
Our plans are to sail Lake Champlain for the summer of 2016 to shake any problems out with the new items and prepare for a fall departure. Itinerary is to leave the lake late summer for Chesapeake Bay and then jump from Norfolk VA to British Virgin Islands. If all goes according to plan, we will spend a few winters enjoying all that the Caribbean has to offer. Any help that you can provide for a stronger Canadian dollar would be much appreciated - not just for us but for all us Canadian cruisers!!!